Learning Tips Straight to Your Inbox
Training tracking software is a type of cloud-based technology that improves organizational development. It provides a complete overview of employee training, regardless of work location or learning method, so you can accurately track your team’s training materials.
Employee training is one of the most effective ways to have a skilled workforce that complies with rules and regulations.
But keeping track of employee training is challenging, and understanding which training is outstanding or due for renewal takes time and effort. At worst, you risk losing your business reputation, fines for not complying with employment rules and regulations, and disengaged employees.
The good news: training tracking software can help. It monitors key training data while proving to employees that you take L&D seriously.
Training tracking tools also help monitor each employee’s skills and competencies. In addition, your L&D team can implement systems to remain compliant with legislation and reduce duplication by connecting to other platforms—such as accounting software, to pay for trainer fees and venue hire.
Need help figuring out where to start? Learn the benefits of training tracking software and how to choose the right tool for your L&D program.
- What are the main objectives of training tracking software?
- How your organization can benefit from training tracking software
- 4 ways training tracking software can boost your onboarding ROI
In this post:
What are the main objectives of training tracking software?
Given that 72 percent of learning and development leaders agree L&D has become a more strategic function in their organization, training management software offers a competitive advantage that you need to excel in your industry.
Training tracking software can help you manage training by:
- Measuring the impact of your training efforts. Access real-time data and analytics, such as employees’ upcoming and past training. Make future decisions about learning and education based on data, and avoid the unnecessary costs of double-booking courses with alerts and notifications.
- Maintaining your organization’s accreditation. Ensure employees and customers are competent with necessary skills by organizing evidence and compliance training documentation in one place.
- Streamlining the onboarding process. Tailor onboarding programs to individual needs with training tracking software that offers onboarding automation features. It will help you build learning paths that encourage team members to take ownership of their development.
- Improving workplace safety and compliance. Prevent security breaches, maintain employee safety, and create learning experiences that comply with laws and regulations. Reduce the risk of mistakes by automating manual tasks, such as course registration details, to protect your organization.
How your organization can benefit from using training tracking software
Almost half of business leaders are concerned that employees don’t have the right skills to achieve company goals. Training tracking software allows business leaders to host all training in one place, creating a culture of learning and building high-performance teams.
Here are six other ways your organization can benefit from training tracking software.
Easily assign training
Simplify administrative functions with training tracking software, such as assigning employees to training events. You’ll be able to assign learning events to team members and improve efficiency since colleagues don’t get the same training twice—or worse, miss out completely.
With training tracking software alongside a learning management system (LMS), employees have all the information in one dashboard. You’ll provide a complete overview of all training events, from course objectives to durations and times, using one simple online portal.
See which employee has completed which training
Missed or delayed training events cost money—not just in terms of time you’re taking away from their actual work, but the opportunity cost. The more efficiently you can deliver training, the quicker staff can use new knowledge and skills.
The right tool for online employee training offers analytics to monitor attendance to identify which training programs were successful. Explore the reasons behind poor attendance, using learner feedback to improve training materials. It’s the best way to build effective training courses.
Keep track of when employees need to be retrained
With training tracking software, you can measure individual and team skills, strengths, and weaknesses. Use this data during meetings to review professional development plans or promotions.
Suppose a sales rep who wants to progress to a managerial level took your team management training 12 months ago; for example, it might be a good time to provide refresher training.
Read more: What is Sales Management Training?
You can also monitor compliance training and implement plans to meet rules and regulations by setting up alerts within your training tracking solution.
For example, a health and safety officer may need annual compliance training on fire safety procedures. Set triggers within the software that alert you when expiry dates are approaching.
Have a clear onboarding plan for employees
It’s not just existing employees that require comprehensive training. Help new hires feel motivated to develop their core competencies with simple and engaging training tools.
Invite new team members to join the training tracking software and stay updated as they work through onboarding. This insight allows you to:
- Reach out to new hires if you see minimal training progress
- Automatically remind new hires when their assessments are due
- Offer additional help if they’re struggling to pass end-of-module quizzes
Offer a mix of training methods
Variety is the key to building an inclusive workplace. It’s why 81 percent of businesses are changing their workplace policies to offer greater flexibility.
Training tracking software helps you meet these goals by adapting learning programs to meet employees’ needs. Deliver a range of training formats from video to text-based lessons, helping to turn bored employees into top performers by delivering training in the way they prefer.
Offer additional training to employees who need it
Employees who feel that their skills are not being put to good use in their current job are 10x more likely to be looking for a new job than those who feel that their skills are valued.
Training tracking software allows you to evaluate team and individual training. You’ll notice:
- Which employees are disengaging
- The content format with the lowest learner satisfaction scores
- The teams struggling to pass end-of-module assessments
Each feature allows you to keep your workforce engaged and improve retention. This will demonstrate that education and training are core values for your company.
4 ways training tracking software can boost your onboarding ROI
Automating L&D functions with training tracking software is no longer a nice to have. Study upon study has proven that automation saves time and eliminates human errors by improving the efficiency of routine tasks.
Let’s cover why training tracking software pays for itself in the long run.
Track your training costs
Ineffective training costs companies $13.5 million for every 1,000 employees each year.
Ensure you’re not wasting money on L&D with a training tracking tool that monitors training costs per topic, employee, team, and workforce. Then, calculate if you can reduce spending on trainer fees, printed materials, or rooms or facilities.
You’ll get a strategic view of your education program and determine your organization’s needs in real-time using an all-in-one LMS. Then, craft an action plan that helps develop training materials in the most cost-effective way.
Track how much time your team spends on training
Find out which teams or individuals still need to complete training over a period of time with a learning platform.
This information allows you to address barriers to learning, such as poor engagement or motivation, helping you retain top talent and create a positive learning environment for all.
This data helps with resource allocation, too. If you know that managers spend two hours in training each month, but five hours of training materials are added to your learning platform during the same timeframe, you can either encourage more learning hours or hold back on new content until they’re caught up.
Track if further training is needed
Use your training tracking software to monitor expiry dates for compliance training. This will ensure staff has completed statutory training, such as data protection, allowing you to stay updated with regulatory requirements.
Plus, you can use integrations with other tools to judge whether employees need refresher training by spotting strengths and weaknesses. If your customer relationship management (CRM) software shows sales reps often lose contact with leads, for example, provide refresher training on effectively following up with prospects.
Track how training is applied to day-to-day tasks
There is little use in training staff on things they won’t use in their daily role. From hard to soft skills, training tracking software allows you to measure your learning programs’ effectiveness by ensuring they’re meeting intended learning outcomes.
Use assessment tools and evaluations to find out what individuals have learned. Then, center your conversations around these outcomes.
Do learners feel comfortable using their new knowledge? Can they provide an example of how they’ve used it? Head-scratching on either question likely means you need to revisit training materials to make them fit for purpose.
Improve ROI in your onboarding programs with WorkRamp
WorkRamp’s training tracking software already supports global organizations—from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises—to power and analyze their corporate learning strategy.
Access a range of learning metrics that help:
- Celebrate employee achievements. This can improve workplace productivity; some 85 percent of employees said recognition motivates them to work harder.
- Understand which courses your customers are taking. Analyze customer satisfaction by rating each course upon completion.
- Monitor trends. See which learning programs are popular and unpopular in your organization, allowing you to do more of what works—and less of what doesn’t.
- Measure team performance. Without measuring performance, you can’t anticipate or help prevent problems. Accurately assess which teams need additional training or are ready to take on other responsibilities.
Make better business decisions with employee training tracking software
Training is critical for any organization to remain competitive and keep employees happy.
Use training tracking software to streamline administrative functions associated with employee training. As a result, you’ll reduce repetitive tasks and human error while getting access to robust reports that help you make informed decisions about future training needs.
Need help tracking training? To learn more about how WorkRamp can help streamline your L&D programs, contact us to schedule a free demo.
Complete the form for a custom demo.
- 9 Examples of Employee Development Plans to Uplevel Your Team February 16, 2024
- 3 Critical Signs You Need a Customer Education Program February 13, 2024
- The Customer Success Goal You’re Getting Wrong with Jon Herstein, Box February 9, 2024
- Why Remote Companies Have a Competitive Advantage with Tony Jamous, Oyster February 8, 2024
- 4 Ways to Budget for Your L&D Program in 2024 February 8, 2024
You might also like
How to build a fool-proof talent development strategy
Talent development combines personalized learning systems—like career mapping, coaching, and mentoring—to create a company culture based on continuous learning to upskill employees and create an empowered, unstoppable workforce.
Organizations have a responsibility to address employee well-being in the workplace
Employee well-being is a holistic view of your team members’ mental, physical, social, and financial health. Each of these areas is interconnected and essential for your team members to be the best version of themselves.
Simple steps to promote continuous learning and improvement
Check out these three actionable ways to expand and improve your L&D program.